AWS Technical Architect
Do you want to make a difference with your work? Creating something valuable, having a positive societal impact?
Meet Biostrand, part of IPA
We are a software company operating at the intersection of biotech, life science, (bio)informatics and AI. We have developed a revolutionary technology to encode and structure omics data (all forms of genetic data) that enables large-scale and fully integrated multi-omics analysis. We dare to say that our technology represents a breakthrough in search and analysis of genetic data.
Recently, we became part of the Canadian company IPA, specialised in the development of antibodies, against diverse and difficult target antigens, which are used for research and therapeutic applications in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide.
Combining the unique capabilities of both companies creates an enormous synergy and our mission at Biostrand is ambitious: to develop the next-generation end-to-end omics analysis and drug development platform!
At BIoStrand, the AWS Experts are part of a multidisciplinary team with a wide range of responsibilities. Think of cloud architecture, security and IAM, information management, data engineering (data streaming, lambda / kappa architectures, data batching), software engineering, devops & CI / CD and many others. Your main focus is to propose and implement the best AWS services.
Our scalable SaaS platform runs on AWS and is optimized to handle high data throughput and support complex algorithms and AI. It is designed to enable rapid innovation, in which the contribution of our data scientists is key and to achieve a rapid cycle from early discovery to actual production of a treatment or drug. Our Front-End Team ultimately ensures an enjoyable and user-friendly user experience for our customers.
What do you bring?
Education: Masters Degree in Computer Science engineering, Computer Science or equivalent by experience.
- You have a solid and demonstrable experience with many different AWS services;
- You are able to advise, deploy, configure and automate the most suitable AWS service (using terraform);
- The range of services you're familiar with should include many of these: IAM (users, groups, roles, iam policies,...) , Cognito (including lambda triggers, authentication specifications, …),CloudFront, EC2 ALB & ELB, Appmesh, VPC (zones, subnets), VPN,Kinesis, SNS, SQS, EventBridge,RDS (postgres, …), CloudWatch, CloudTrail, ECS, EKS, ECR (Kubernetes knowledge is a plus), Everything that has to do with S3 and EC2 (encryption keys, access policies, instance profiles, security groups, …), Tasks, Batch, Compute Environments, Step features, Lambda features.
- You are experienced in setting up large, complex AWS based architectures;
- You have experience in application lifecycle management, continuous integration, and necessary tools (Jira, Git, GKE etc)
- You know how to implement the right security and privacy measures across the platform according to industry standards (IAM, authorization/authentication flows, GDPR, etc.)
Any experience you have with SCRUM or agile working is considered a plus, (we use the Atlassian Stack). The same goes for Golang experience and Python.
It is important that you are agile in planning and organising your work. You are an excellent team player and you feel comfortable in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
You have good written and oral communication skills in English.
What else do we offer you?
You will be an essential part of a great company. You will work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary team where your passion for IT is shared, and you make a meaningful contribution to science and society.
Furthermore, you can expect:
- A competitive renumeration package with a phone and a laptop. We offer a mobility budget, promoting sustainable and green mobility. You can use this budget at your own discretion for a company car, alternative means of transport, public transport or a combination;
- An inspiring workplace at Bioville, a campus in Diepenbeek, close to the University of Hasselt. Getting from and to Hasselt is mostly free of rush hour traffic congestions.
- A healthy work-life balance, with flexibility in organising your work, and 3 days remote working per week;
- We value personal growth and you will join a team with highly experienced people from whom you can expect the necessary guidance and coaching;
- We do not believe in complex, hierarchical structures. You report directly to our Head of Technology, who also has an active role in the team.
Have we triggered your interest? Make that interest known by sending us your CV with a short explanation. Send this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any questions? Send a message: email@example.com