AWS Technical Architect
At BioStrand, the AWS experts are part of a multi-disciplinary team with very broad responsibilities and skills. Although we are not big on putting a label on everyone, skills and competencies in the team cover cloud architecture, security & IAM, information management, data engineering (data streaming, lambda/kappa architectures, data batching), software engineering, DevOps & CI/CD, and many others. Your main focus is to propose and implement the best AWS services to suit our needs.
Our scalable SaaS platform runs on AWS and is optimized to process high throughputs of data and support computationally heavy algorithms and AI. It is set up to allow fast innovation by our Data Scientist Team while boasting a fast cycle of early developments to production-grade services. Our Front-End Team wraps up all these goodies into an enjoyable, user-friendly user experience for our customers.
Our goal is ambitious; to build the genomic analysis tools of the future! We are constantly on the lookout for talented people to take on this challenge with us.
Who are you?
- You have a Masters’ degree in Computer Science engineering, Informatics or equivalent by experience
- You have solid experience with a multitude of AWS services. Not just from doing certifications, but actual, hands-on experience
- You are able to advice the best suited AWS service to meet a certain need, and can implement, configure and automate this (using terraform)
- The range of services you are familiar with should cover many of these: IAM (users, groups, roles, IAM policies,…), Cognito (including lambda triggers, authentication specifications, …)CloudFront, EC2 ALB & ELB, Appmesh, VPC (zones, subnets), VPNKinesis, SNS, SQS, EventBridgeRDS (Postgres, …)CloudWatch, CloudTrailECS, EKS, ECR (Kubernetes knowledge is a plus) anything S3 and EC2 related (encryption keys, access policies, instance profiles, security groups, …) Jobs, Batch, Compute EnvironmentsStep Functions, Lambda Functions
- You are accustomed to working with larger architectures (or better, are experienced in setting up large, complex AWS based architectures)
- You have experience in application lifecycle management, continuous integration and necessary tools (Jira, Git, GKE etc.)
- You know how to implement proper security and privacy across the whole platform according to industry standards (IAM, authorization/authentication flows, GDPR, …)
- Any experience with SCRUM or Agile working is considered a plus (we use the Atlassian Stack)
- Any knowledge of Golang and/or Python is considered a plus
- You are a dynamic self-starter; you are agile in planning and organizing your work
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- You are an excellent team player, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
Do you have the feeling you are a mix between multiple of our advertised positions or have some additional skills that we may be interested in?
Let us know when you apply so we can take your specific skill set and passions into account.
What's in it for you?
- A full-time job based at BioVille, Diepenbeek, in the neighbourhood of Hasselt University.
- You will be part of a growing, dynamic team of an amazing start-up company with huge ambitions, recently acquired by IPA.
- We value personal growth, and mentoring/coaching will be made available to you by very experienced people, allowing for a very rapid personal growth path.
- We don’t believe in complex, hierarchical structures. You’ll report directly to the Head of Technology, who is an active, participating member of the team you’ll join.
- You can be a part of making the world a better place by enabling faster, better, and more cost-effective research. This is how we want to disrupt –OMICS analysis and change the industry standards.
- A competitive remuneration package, including a car, laptop, and a mobile phone
- A healthy work-life balance, with flexibility in organizing your own work and 3 days of remote working per week.