Here at BioStrand, data scientists are the heart of our organisation. We are passionate about building future-proof bio-informatics tools.
Our fast-growing team needs you to put your mark on the data structures behind our technology. You have an active role in the development and deployment of new pattern recognition models. Your passion for building machine learning models needs to match our passion for genomic and biological analytics. You are responsible for the whole process from whiteboard to production ready models. You also have a key role in big data visualization and the implementation of visualization techniques into our platform. You will work in close collaboration with core team members.
Together with the CTO you will make up a roadmap with a set of deliverables. You will be responsible for planning and delivering the different stages of the platform in time. You will report on your progress directly to the CTO and CEO.
Join us and put your stamp on the backbone of our technology. Together, we will build the genomic analysis tools of the future!
Who are you?
- You have a Master and/or PhD degree, preferably in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- You have a general background in data science and specific knowledge on network graph-based technology
- You have extensive theoretical knowledge on various machine learning techniques (clustering analysis, classification techniques, Bayesian networks, deep learning, feature embedding techniques), as well as on their associated Python libraries
- You have a profound knowledge of SQL
- You are trained in Python and have experience with scikit-learn, PyTorch and/or TensorFlow
- Experience with text analytics is considered a plus
- Knowledge of big data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark (especially the machine learning API) is considered a plus
- You are skilled in data visualisation
- You are skilled in statistics
- You have a strong interest in bio-informatics applications
- You are able to deploy machine learning models into production
- You have experience in applying data science in a commercial environment and transforming business needs into elegant solutions
- You have an interest in cloud computing
- You are a strategic thinker, and you like to be challenged
- You are efficient and well organized and deliver high quality results on time
- You have strong communication skills, both written and oral in English
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You are an excellent team player, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time job. We are based at BioVille, Diepenbeek, in the neighbourhood of Hasselt University.
You will be part of the dynamic core team of an amazing start-up company with huge ambitions. This means there is a lot of space for personal initiative and opportunities for growth. You will have an important role in disrupting omics analysis and change the standards.
We offer you an opportunity to stand out and use all your creativity. Through a competitive renumeration package and flexible wage allocation we make sure your effort is valued.