Job offer: Data Scientist Antibody Discovery
Do you want to make a difference with your work? Creating something valuable, having a positive societal impact?
Meet Biostrand, part of IPA
We are a software company operating at the intersection of biotech, life science, (bio)informatics and AI. We have developed a revolutionary technology to encode and structure omics data (all forms of genetic data) that enables large-scale and fully integrated multi-omics analysis. We dare to say that our technology represents a breakthrough in search and analysis of genetic data.
Recently, we became part of the Canadian company IPA, specialised in the development of antibodies, against diverse and difficult target antigens, which are used for research and therapeutic applications in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide.
Combining the unique capabilities of both companies creates an enormous synergy and our mission at Biostrand is ambitious: to develop the next-generation end-to-end omics analysis and antibody discovery platform!
At BioStrand, data scientists are the heart of our organisation. You have an active role in the development and deployment of new in silico predictive models for antibody discovery. You identify and engineer key attributes of therapeutic antibodies, including in silico affinity modulation and mitigation of sequence liabilities. You collaborate with colleagues across the sites in the Netherlands and Canada, a large interdisciplinary team of scientists and program leaders, to ensure continuous integration of in silico and wet-lab knowledge. At Biostrand, you will be part of the Data Science team and work in close collaboration with the Software and Front-End team. Together with the Head of Innovation you will make up a roadmap with a set of deliverables.
What do you bring?
Education: You are an expert in structural biology and antibody discovery and engineering. You have a PhD Degree in that domain and preferably some years of experience working in antibody discovery within Pharma and Biotech.
- You have practical knowledge of various machine learning techniques, preferably deep learning, including graph neural networks (GNNs), clustering and feature engineering;
- You speak Python and have used a number of data science specific packages;
- You are able to advise, deploy, configure and automate the most suitable AWS service (using terraform);
- You have a strong interest in bioinformatics applications, cloud computing and are skilled in data visualization;
In our team we go off the beaten track every day and nothing we come up with is standard. You have to be a strategic and creative thinker. You work efficiently, are a real team player and deliver high-quality results on time.
You have good written and oral communication skills in English.
What else do we offer you?
You will be an essential part of a great company. You will work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary team where your passion for IT is shared, and you make a meaningful contribution to science and society.
Furthermore, you can expect:
- A competitive renumeration package with a phone and a laptop. We offer a mobility budget, promoting sustainable and green mobility. You can use this budget at your own discretion for a company car, alternative means of transport, public transport or a combination;
- An inspiring workplace at Bioville, a campus in Diepenbeek, close to the University of Hasselt. Getting from and to Hasselt is mostly free of rush hour traffic congestions.
- A healthy work-life balance, with flexibility in organising your work, and 3 days remote working per week;
- We value personal growth and you will join a team with highly experienced people from whom you can expect the necessary guidance and coaching;
- We do not believe in complex, hierarchical structures. You report directly to our Head of Technology, who also has an active role in the team.
Have we triggered your interest? Make that interest known by sending us your CV with a short explanation. Send this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any questions? Send a message: email@example.com