At BioStrand, software engineers design the fundamental building blocks of our technology. As you are responsible for the basic architecture, strategic thinking has to be your mindset.
So, join us and put your mark on the backbone of our technology! You have an active role in the development process of our AWS cloud platform.
We need your knowhow on analytical engine development to build a scalable SaaS system. You transform technological concepts into high concurrency-proof systems, which comprises of developing automated testing platforms and unit tests and implementation of security and data protection rules.
You will work in close collaboration with core team members. Together, we will build the genomic analysis tools of the future!
Who are you?
- You have a Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Informatics engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent. Holding a PhD degree is a plus
- You are trained in or you have experience with supporting cloud-based / SaaS software and you are familiar with AWS
- You have experience? in application lifecycle management, continuous integration and necessary tools (Jira, Git, GKE etc.)
- You are trained in programming languages Python and Go (Lang), knowledge of C++ is a bonus
- You have experience with managing big data, graph technology and indexing optimization techniques
- You are a strategic thinker, and you like to be challenged
- You are efficient and well organized and deliver high quality results on time
- You have strong written and oral communication skills, in both Dutch and English
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- You are an excellent team player, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time job based in the area around Hasselt University. You will be part of the dynamic core team of an amazing start-up company with huge ambitions.
This means there is a lot of space for personal initiative and growth opportunities.
You will have an important role in disrupting –OMICS analysis and change the industry standards.
We offer you an opportunity to stand out and use all your creativity. Your effort is valued through a competitive remuneration package.