We are now looking for a creative, daring and entrepreneurial mind to strengthen our core team. BioStrand has recently launched Retrieve and Relate, a revolutionary omics analysis tool. A tool for variation analysis will follow soon.
You will be responsible for the setup and expansion of the BioStrand sales process. In this role you will tailor sales strategies to the different market segments and extend our customer base as fast as possible. You will develop acquisition channels for new clients and prepare for and pitch in client meetings. You are responsible for the whole sales process from the first contact with the customer to deal-closing. You have a supportive role in pricing strategy development.
Your domain knowledge of genomics and/or related fields enables you to communicate at the right level with our clients from research departments to C-level executives across industries such as Pharma, BioTech, Agriculture, Population screening laboratories, Food and Cosmetics. You will work in close collaboration with core team members.
You will report on your progress directly to the CCO and CEO.
Join us to spread the innovative and disruptive BioStrand applications to the world together with our dynamic team!
Who are you?
- You have a master’s or bio-engineer degree in biotechnology, molecular biology, bio-informatics or equivalent
- You have at least 5 years of software sales experience in related industries and you are familiar with genomics workflows
- You are able to connect and engage effectively with all customer types
- You have strong negotiation skills and a proven track record as a deal closer
- You are familiar with cloud solutions and with standard office software tools
- You are able to quickly grasp our business environment and learn complex technical and biomedical content
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of German, Dutch or French is a plus
- You are a dynamic self-starter, you are agile in planning and organizing your work
- You are flexible and can adapt rapidly to changing business environments
- You have a positive, ‘getting-things-done’ attitude and a strong desire to succeed
- You are willing to travel
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- You are an excellent team player, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time job. We are based at BioVille, Diepenbeek, in the neighbourhood of Hasselt University. You will be part of the dynamic core team of an amazing start-up company with huge ambitions. This means there is a lot of space for personal initiative and opportunities for growth. Through a competitive renumeration package and flexible wage allocation we make sure your effort is valued.